Monday, October 20, 2008

Restoring Data from Formatted Hard-Disk, it's possible

I was dealing with a complicated issues, back few days ago. To wrap it in a simple way; It's a hard-disk that belongs to my client, which contains important data, but cannot be accessed due to file system error.

It caused a havoc, since he only had so little time before his scheduled back to leave Medan. And I never dealt with this kind of problem before. Usually, when someone came to me with a file system error. All I did was format the hard disk, and voila.. it became usable once more. But of course, without any data .. fresh, empty as new!

Well, then I get to know Get Data Back. A software that you can download and use locally, to restore any data from your hard-disk (either those who were unintentionally deleted or intentionally formatted )


Firstly, I tried to use my Ubuntu (Linux) to see if I can mount and bypass the file system error. But if failed, since Ubuntu isn't really good dealing with NTFS. That made me frustated and start to do some search and ask alot of people in many forums. Then someone told me to use this Get Data Back.

Actually, I forgot to confirm if it can deal with NTFS, my bad. Fortunately, it is capable to deal with NTFS! What a relieve.
You can download the program from here:


Download it to your local folder, and double click to run the installation process. It's easy, believe me. I say, anyone who in need with restoring their lost files or whoever dwells in this kind of field, should have this great software.

No comments: