Thursday, September 18, 2008

What to do with a domain?

What I'm about to tell you is an opportunity, that may be usefull for some but meaningless for others (I hope you're belong to the first one). This is about domain-parking service, a service that enables you to take advantage for unused domain (this is as for my example). In case you haven't heard about it before, I hope my short explanation will be helpfull.

Recently I realized that I have a domain, that hasn't been used. I bought this domain almost half a year ago, back then I had a web project which then got suspended till now. I don't know what to do with the domain, since I can't publish my work (project's term). And because of that, all it had been displayed was "Under Construction" page.

But then, I found out about domain parking from this guy, here. Then, I see if I can get along with the idea. Guess what, my domain has a content now, rather than that ordinary "Under Construction" page. And that's not all, I got it monetized!

Yeah, monetized as in money. How did that go? Here how it works for me:

  1. I redirected my domain to SEDO (this is the domain parking service provider)
  2. Then the service provider let me to choose a layout for a page, this page is the replacement for "Under Construction"
  3. The service provider provides space for advertisers to publish their ads on the page
Now, try open MedanLowongan.Net and see what's in it. See the ads? That's where I earn the money from. See the great news, instead of having a suspended website, now I'm having my online income that earns even when I'm sleeping.

No comments: